** This Program is Currently Not Active (Pending Extramural Funding) **
A successful translational and clinical research endeavor at UVM will be demonstrated by the degree to which basic, clinical, and public health investigators work together with shared purpose, informed awareness of the broad spectrum of studies presently underway, and knowledge and use of resources to help catalyze additional collaborative, multidisciplinary research. Opportunities to conduct research will be made available to new or junior as well as established investigators, and to those seeking partnerships with community groups and State health programs.
The Translational Pilot Program (TPP) will oversee a series of pilot awards and be responsible for:
- Providing optional pre-proposal guidance and evaluation to promote submission of high-quality applications.
- Providing rigorous Scientific Review of applications for pilot awards for all aspects of the clinical and translational science spectrum with emphasis on health services delivery research, and to use the same Committee to review the science underlying otherwise non-peer reviewed applications requesting use of CCTS resources.
- Establishing interactive quarterly reports for all pilot project awardees with the goal of mentoring and providing feedback on their progress, promoting interaction among awardees that may spawn new collaborations, and seeking solutions to challenges faced by the awardees.
- Supporting the development of applications for external funding together with the Research Integration Office. This may include evaluation of the quality of preliminary data, refining research questions, and identification of appropriate funding agencies.
Categories of Awards
- Pilot and Feasibility Study Awards
- Collaborative Research Awards
- Travel Awards to Address Diversity
- Translational Laboratory Awards