** This Unit is Currently Not Active (Pending Extramural Funding) **
A key component of the clinical and translational research spectrum is health services delivery research (HSDR). HSDR concerns how people get access to health care, how much it costs, and what happens to patients as a result of this care. The main goal is to identify the most effective ways to organize, manage, finance and deliver high-quality health care in hospitals and in primary care practice locations throughout the community, including nursing homes, schools, community health clinics, people’s homes, the housebound and those in prisons. This broad field of HSDR crosses the borders of T2, T3 and to some extent T4 research.
The Health Services Delivery Research Unit integrates expertise, resources, and services from the newly formed HSDR Institute at the University of Vermont and Jeffords Institute of Quality and Operational Effectiveness at Fletcher Allen Health Care. Key responsibilities include:
- Building, enhancing, and operationalizing a coordinated cutting-edge Health Services Delivery Research Program.
- Providing a suite of expertise and services to support high quality Health Services Delivery Research.
Resources & Services
- HSDR Research Program & Training: provided by the HSDR Institute, COM and CCTS faculty, VCHIP (Vermont Child Health Improvement Program), State government agencies within Vermont, and FAHC James M. Jeffords Institute for Quality and Operational Effectiveness
- HSDR Expert Panel: think tank of individuals with complementary and extensive experience in many different facets of HSDR to advise on the usefulness and feasibility of proposed HSDR studies; individuals are from UVM, FAHC, State government, and any other relevant and useful constituency in Vermont
- UVM Services: include claims data analysis, pharmacoeconomic evaluations, consumer assessment of health providers, patient-centered medical home (PCMH) evaluations, and support for surveys and focus groups by the Center for Rurual Studies
- FAHC Services: access to EHR Patient Portal (MyHealth Online), Jeffords Institute Analytic/Measurement Group for quality improvement projects, Senior Research Specialist for quality research, and Community Health Assessment Committee for defining and understanding community needs